"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."
-Pres. Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Graduated

At the end of December 2007 I was sitting at my computer when Dallas said to me, "Amy I want to go to school."  I remember asking when, and he responded with January.  My eyes must have been huge because my mind immediately started racing- 'Will we get student loans and everything going in time?  Can he even enroll with only a little over a week before the new semester starts?  How are we going to work this out with work?  I'm going to school too!  Will our schedules mesh?'

Not knowing how anything was going to work out, I applied for school, grants, and loans and he started at Utah Valley University in January 2008.

Will was only 15 months.

2 schools, 2 houses, 2 beautiful daughters, countless hours of homework and studying, and six years later- Dallas has graduated from the University of Utah with a Bachelor of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering.

I have been thinking about this day for so long.  Looking back on the past six years, it has definitely been the best of our lives.  We didn't know how everything would work out, but it always has.  We've seen countless miracles along the way and have seen how our Father in Heaven has blessed us so that Dallas could get an education.

I am so proud of Dallas.  When he started he was in Math 950.  He had to take 4 semesters of math before it even counted for anything on his transcripts!  He told me once that he is living proof that if you work at something hard enough, you can do it.  It doesn't matter how "smart" you are.  It's dedication and effort.

I know Paige and Annie probably won't remember this, but I hope Will does.  Dallas has set a wonderful example for them and I hope one day that all of our children choose to go to school, work hard, and contribute to this world.

Thank you, Dallas.  Thank you for all of your time.  Thank you for sacrificing for us so that we can provide a better life for our kids.  Thank you for doing this so that I can live my dream and be a stay at home mom.  Thank you for not giving up, even when we both wanted to.  Thank you for being the man of my dreams and the greatest father to our children.  I am so proud.  I love you.


After his last final Dallas took us on a little tour of the Warnock Engineering building where he spent the majority of his time in classes and studying over the last few years.



1 comment:

  1. Fantastic!! I'm so proud of Dallas. Beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete