"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."
-Pres. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Dear Mom-



I have realized over the past 8 ½ years as a mother that there are many, many times where I feel invisible.  No matter how many times I ask, beg, and plead for the kids to put their clothes in the hamper, I still find myself picking up dirty socks from under the bed and putting them there myself.  I make countless meals without being thanked, clean laundry is folded and put away without anyone noticing that it took the entire day to do it, and as soon as I clean up the front room I no sooner turn around to realized that a 2 year-old-tornado left devastation in her wake.

It is the life of a mother.

So, from one mother to another, I have been thinking what I can give you for your birthday to show you how much I love you.  I don’t have a fancy trinket or trip planned (although I wish we had the latter!), but I do have this- I want you to know that I have been paying attention.

I HEARD you bear your testimony during sacrament meeting about our Savior Jesus Christ.

I LISTENED during family home evenings as we talked about covenants and serving one another.

I WATCHED as you read your scriptures in the morning while you were curling your hair.

I NOTICED when you put on your dress, picked up your snakeskin temple bag and headed to the temple.

I SAW you make meal after meal after meal in our kitchen so we could gather together to eat as a family.

I ENJOYED yearly family vacations where you planned and organized and showed us new things.

I AM TRYING to live up to the example you set for me.  Every day.  Thank you, mom.  It may not have seemed like it at the time, but I was paying attention to what you were teaching me.  We all were.

Happy Birthday.

I love you.
Amylee

No comments:

Post a Comment